Monday, October 20, 2008
Going Vegan To Lose Weight?
How to lose weight healthily & happily:
1. Eat foods that are nutrient-dense. Eat a variety of healthful, whole foods.
2. Avoid nutrient deficient foods, like many processed foods. Avoid dangerous foods: meat, dairy and eggs.
3. Exercise regularly, preferably an hour a day.
Counting calories is a tried and true method for weight loss. But in order to stay healthy, those calories should come from healthy, whole foods. And in order for your heart and lungs to stay healthy and your body to look toned, you need to exercise, too.
I know this from experience and research. I recommend reading:
- The China Study
- The Thrive Diet
- Eat More, Weigh Less
- Fit or Fat
And no, I'm not perfect. I don't exercise enough and I still eat too many processed foods. But I am a healthy weight and I haven't got heart disease, diabetes, or cancer. I am a vegan.
Mentioned in this video:
* Diet Power ( http://dietpower.com/ )
* DietMinder Personal Food & Fitness Journal
* Vega Complete Whole Food Health Optimizer
* Deva Vegan Multivitamin & Mineral Supplement
More resources for vegan weight loss:
Citations regarding my claim that meat and dairy are dangerous: