Friday, October 17, 2008

WTF Is A "Practicing" Vegan?



There is no such thing as a nonpracticing vegan. Veganism is not a religion, it's not a cult.

It's a lifestyle. If you don't walk the walk, you're not a vegan.

---
That said, identify yourself however you want. I'm not here to put labels on you or take them away from you. If you want to identify as a vegan and still consume animal products, just realize that's not the definition of vegan. Some vegans might be annoyed or offended.

---
And by the way, if you want to abstain from animal products and NOT call yourself a vegan, you can do that too. For example, if you don't want to be associated with obnoxious people like me, or you don't like the label vegan, by all means, avoid it.

I don't care what you call yourself. I care about what you do. And I care about who you hurt. Stop eating animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment