Friday, April 10, 2009
Vegan Cookbooks & Recipes
Here are the cookbooks mentioned in the video:
1) The New McDougall Cookbook by John A. McDougall, MD, and Mary McDougall
2) The Vegan Family Cookbook by Chef Brian P. McCarthy
3) Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker by Robin Robertson
4) Vegan Planet by Robin Robertson (foreword by Neal D. Barnard, MD)
5) The Joy of Vegan Baking by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
6) Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero
7) Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero
The Spicy Lentil Chili is from page 177 of The New McDougall Cookbook.
Online Vegan Recipes can be found here:
Easy Vegan Recipes from COK:
Send me your USA address and I'll mail you a copy of the booklet!
Citation for claim that vegans are better chefs:
"Vegans are confident cooks, with 9 out of 10 vegans feeling confident about preparing a meal from scratch."
"Households containing a vegan have, on average, 12 cookbooks, compared to the UK household average of 8. UK vegans are also 10 times more likely to source recipes from the internet."
(I assume UK and US vegans are fairly similar.)
Vegan Videos That Answer The Question, "Why Vegan?"
Factory Farming: http://meat.org/
Graphic videos: www.vegansoapbox.com/8-disturbing-animal -videos/
Non-graphic Videos: http://www.vegansoapbox.com/the-8-mos...
Feature length films:
Mad Cowboy: http://www.madcowboy.com/
Death on a Factory Farm: http://www.hbo.com/docs/programs/deat...
Fowl Play: http://fowlplaymovie.com/
Are you vegetarian or vegan?
PLEASE make videos to help others join us and help save animals lives by going veg!