Friday, June 5, 2009
Biscuits and Crisps or Cookies and Chips
"It was really easy for me to give up meat, milk, eggs & cheese,
but i'm having a hard time giving up stuff that has the above things in them, like biscuits & crisps. Any advice?"
a) Find vegan versions! You can find vegan cookies or chips all over the place, just read the ingredients. For example, many pure corn chips are vegan. And plain potato chips are often vegan.
FYI, here are some vegan cookies that I enjoy!
* Uncle Eddies: http://www.uncleeddiesvegancookies.com/
* Alternative Baking Company: http://www.alternativebaking.com/
* My husband's yummy coconut chocolate chip cookies: http://www.vegansoapbox.com/vegan-mof...
* Food Fight: http://www.foodfightgrocery.com/
* Vegan Essentials: http://www.veganessentials.com/
* Cosmos Vegan Shoppe: http://www.cosmosveganshoppe.com/
* Vegan Store: http://www.veganstore.com/
* Taste Better Store: http://tastebetter.com/shop/
* The Vegan Flower: http://veganflower.blogspot.com/
* Vegan Soles: http://vegansoles.com/
* Alternative Outfitters: http://www.alternativeoutfitters.com/
* DownBound: http://downbound.com/
b) Make your own. Find vegan recipes here:
c) Cookies and chips are not health foods. You might want to consider avoiding them entirely, particularly if you can't find vegan versions.
d) Cut yourself some slack. If you fall off the wagon, just get back on.
The longer you're vegan, the easier it gets!